Wednesday 24 January 2018

Anti pollution fault peugeot 308

System states: anti - pollution system fault. Engine fan was belting at full speed for minutes after start, then quit, and all seems to be running fine, she idles revs fine, smoke minimal to begin then virtually nothing, heats to normal turnover temperature and runs soundly, but the engine light remains lit, and restarting brings the same message.


Peugeot 3hdi anti pollution fault. I left work today and as soon as I turned the ignition the temp gauge hit re the fan kicked in and I got the "faulty anti pollution " message despite the car being sat still for over 6hrs previously.


I managed to get home as not too far but the engine light was on as well as a stop warning. Anti pollution fault and engine management light on - peugeot 308.

What is anti pollution warning light? Are 3fuel filters useless? Its purpose is to reduce Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx), which is the harmful content of the exhaust. It does not serve any other purpose.


I got this car a few weeks ago, and ever since I got it, I seems to have a problem with the anti-pollution system. The anti-pollution warning light comes up to indicate a fault every time I start the car up.


I went to a mechanic to get it checked with a computer, however I found out nothing helpful. This filter is responsible for removing any harmful particles, from the exhaust system.

HDI Quicksilver Plate. Ive had the anti pollution fault light come on a few times but this is due to short journeys clogging the CAT up I think so as suggested I took it for a long run on the motorway got it nice and hot and the fault clears as does the warning on the dash. This weekend the engine fault light came on in the dashboard and when starting the engine, an error message said " Anti - pollution system faulty".


My mechanic fitted a patent Mass airflow sensor which his diagnostic picked up. This resulted in the car spluttering and generally running poorly. The old part was refitted and the car ran as before but the fault returned when the car was left to go cold. Below the video you will find out what the exact fault was in this circumstance, and how it was corrected.


We replaced coil number and put in a new set of spark plugs and the engine began to run fine again. It has done 51k miles.


The engine warning light has just come on and the warning is anti pollution fault. Help please i have just bought my wife a 1. Eventually went to the dealers garage. Had to get new fuel injectors. My peugeot dealer would not take responsiblity just said it was wear and tear.


You need to get the codes read. Wife had this in her 3petrol.


I was driving home last night and the engine management light came on and ‘ anti pollution fault ’ and then the engine spluttered and died.

It restarted straight away and seems to be driving as normal but the light and fault are still on. I did notice its idling was a bit spluttery yesterday but seems ok now. Fault finding and repair. When i keep it at high revs (e.g. go into tiptronic mode and allow it to upshift on its own), the fault comes up.


Drive is perfectly normal till u try to drive very fast and the car goes into limp mode. Have to clear the fault code but will appear again. For instance my citroen threw up the anti pollution fault due to low dpf fluid refilled and reset no dramas.


If id left it the filter would eventually of clogged and needed cleaning or replacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.