Thursday 31 October 2019

Returning driving licence cut half

Defacing may sound like a difficult task but the DVLA is clear that you only need to cut the old licence in half. Before you get the scissors out, double check which licence you’re about to cut up. You don’t want to destroy the new one by mistake! Once you’ve cut up the old licence, pop both parts of it into an envelope and return it to the DVLA.


The address to send it to is. Applied online May 22nd which is straightforward but my old license had to be cut in half and returned with a validation form before a new one will be processe which I did.

Can I cut my licence in half? How do I return my old driving licence? How long does it take to get a new drivers license back? What to send to DVLA for driving licence?


Just renewed my driving licence online and at the end it said I had to cut the old licence card in half and send it back to DVLA. Just wondering if this is necessary? I would shred it otherwise.


Update to Welsh version.

English PDF updated. Source(s): l did the same when l had to get my address. I had to get a new photo for my driving licence last year as it had reached the year expiry date.


I am sure the letter that accompanied my new one said I had to return my old one and the paper counterfeit. So, do I have to return the old one to the DVLA?


A Provisional Driving Licence is your first licence that grants you the means of learning to drive a car, motorcycle or moped. You can apply for your provisional via the DVLA online or by completing a Dapplication form that can be obtained from the Post Office or via the DVLA contact form ordering service.


You’ll also need to send original documents in your new name. Chat with other parents about the best makes and models of family car to suit your needs, from the most spacious models, to the best insurance providers and driving schools. When you get your new licence it should also come with instructions on where to send the old one.


Edit to add: People who have asked DVLA on Twitter where to return an old licence to have been told. You can decide when to stop, but medical conditions can affect your driving and might mean you have to give up your driving licence until you can meet the medical standards of fitness to drive. All standard full licences will expire at the age of 70.


You will need to apply to have it renewed if you want to keep driving. If your licence expires and you fail to apply to have it renewe you will not be able to carry on driving.


Although your licence expires when you turn 7 it doesn’t automatically mean you have to stop driving. It just means you will need to renew your driving licence every three years if you want to continue.

You won’t have to take another test and there’s no upper age limit for driving. If you are advised by your doctor not to drive, you can surrender your driving licence to the Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA).


Surrendering your licence has advantages if you return to driving in the future. Take a permanent marker and write over the photo and drivers license number and your name and address. Then take a pair of scissors and cut it into tiny pieces.


This will ensure that the license is securely destroyed. Then throw the other pieces away after a week has passed.


As I understand it, DVLA would normally issue a warning where a licence is not sent back to them for endorsement, and after days they would then revoke the licence leaving you to apply for a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.