Tuesday 23 April 2019

Clutch pedal sticking vw passat

The clutch pedal seems to be feeling strange lately. Just before engaging the clutch while the pedal is being moved there is a sticky or scratchy feel with the pedal.


TDi and all of a sudden the clutch pedal has started sticking. When i press the clutch, it sticks about two thirds of the way down when i take. Can you drive a car with a clutch pedal on the floor?

Why do clutch pedals stay on the floor? What causes a clutch to wear? Sticking clutch pedal Hi When pressing the clutch, the car goes in all gears are drives perfect. Driving to work this morning and I noticed every few shifts that the clutch pedal rebounded slowly when released.


Passat, speed manual,110kms. Then in traffic stuck to the floor and I had to physically pry it back with the side of my foot. Warning: Do not attempt to start the engine and drive the vehicle with the clutch pedal stuck all the way to the floor.


You could damage the clutch, the clutch fork, or the transmission.

Part of 4: Diagnosing a clutch pedal on the floor due to failed release bearing. This happened a couple of times, but then stopped. Yesterday when I got off in 1st I floored it a bit, pressed the clutch, quickly shifted into and the clutch pedal felt it was stuck to the floor for a few moments so my RPM went quite high (0or so) Lift off the gas, and the clutch pedal got eventually released. Then the smell of burn clutch came for a while.


Not around the computer much, but need to get my car fixed soon, so please bump this up with some info. After an hours drive on motorway, approaching roundabout, dipped clutch and it just seemed to give in all of a sudden and go right to floor, where the pedal staye buried in the carpet! Clutch Pedal Stuck Down Then All Ok?


Coasted to a layby and checked. If there is spring tension but bottoms out and stays there, the clutch master pin may have come out or the master is toast internally.


A clutch pedal is made for the driver to release the clutch and engage the clutch. With no incident i can think of out of nowhere my clutch pedal was lower then normal and was loose meaning I could raise It with my foot and then it would drop back down.


Check the T piece were you join the pipe from the master cylinder to the pipe going to the slave cylinder, I changed my clutch and every now and again the pedal would do this like reversing out of car parks and believe it or not it was the pipe from the master cylinder not engaging in the T piece properly and every now and again sucking in air and leaking a bit of clutch fluid. I was driving my VW Golf 1. TDI in traffic and suddenly the clutch just seemed to sort of snap.


The pedal got stuck to the floor and I had to pull over with drive engaged and stuck in second gear. I tried to pull the pedal back up and it does flick up to the normal position, but as soon as I press the clutch again it springs back down to the floor.

Hi,the clutch pedal on my Golf gets stuck on the way up about halfway,then it either pops back the rest of way on its own,or I help it up with my foot. Just had the master cylinder changeas I had low bite point on clutch, the sticky pedal was there before changing master cylinder,but its now worse. Any ideas what`s causing this? The bottom third sticks when the pedal is pushed down and I need to put my foot under the pedal to pop it back up.


As you know, there is a known issue of the clutch pedal clicking when being depressed. This could be due to the over-center spring not being lubricated or due to a white plastic mounting which connects to the master cylinder, as you will see below. This is well known and there are possible causes (and only one easy fix!). The first time I encountered it was back in with a brand new Mk III VRGTI.


After repeated clutch bleeding by the dealership, I finally resigned myself to just reaching down and re-setting the pedal when needed. TDi 4motion (BKD) speed manual (FUQ).


If I have the car in gear and press the clutch I can sense if the pedal is going to stick on release as the biting point is then really low.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.